Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Back to "normal"

My parents and Papa left yesterday morning in a whirlwind of activity. Originally, Kimber was going to take them to the airport and take the car on to work, and Sidney and I would ride the bus to school. This is because our car is small and my parents had a lot of luggage.

Plans changed a bit, as Kimber got last-minute notification she would be going out to Alvheim in the afternoon. We got a taxi for my parents instead, and Sidney and I took Kimber and her luggage to her office before going off to school. Before I even made it to the highway from dropping her off, she called and said she was bumped off the trip and would not be going after all.

My parents and Papa did get out of here okay, but I have not confirmed that they made it home okay. My assumption is that they did, but since they were to arrive at the final destination at 3:30 a.m. our time, I am sure they decided not to call.


They did not leave without taking one last opportunity to spoil Sidney. Both Papa and my parents bought gifts to add to her collection of wooden dress-up dolls. She plays with them all the time, and we try to avoid getting the small pieces impaled in our feet.


On another note, autumn has arrived in full force. We saw frost on the ground here yesterday morning, and the leaves are changing colors. The colors were particularly fantastic on the drive to the candle factory for my parents last weekend here. We have also been fortunate in that the last few days have been very clear. The forecast is for the clear skies to continue, but it will be cooler. Friday is also supposed to be very windy (a strong breeze in Norway means wind over 20 m.p.h.)


We already miss my parents and Papa being here, though the normality we've returned to is still anything but "normal." After all, where in the U.S. would this view of the sunrise be "normal" for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment