Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Global, um, warming?

Today I actually needed a jacket in Katy, Texas. Our high did not go above freezing. The temperature when I took Sidney to school this morning was 23 F. Even colder than it is in Stavanger right now!

The cold is spread over the entire country it seems, and we have been more fortunate than those to the north of us that have gotten ice and snow. However, the current forecast is for sleet and freezing rain, changing over to snow starting tomorrow around noon. It is supposed to continue to midday Friday, and temperatures will remain cold enough that the snow should be around into Saturday.

If we do indeed turn the Katy prairie into a "winter wonderland", expect some good pictures.

Finally, I would like to announce my upcoming employment with Christus St. Catherine's Hospital as the new Stroke/Chest Pain Coordinator. The stroke program there is in the early stages, so I will be working on getting the certification complete. I will also be working on re-certification as a chest pain center for the hospital. Finally, there is a plan to eventually add heart failure certification, which I will take on when the time comes. I am looking forward to the challenges and experience this new position will bring me, and am thankful I have found something that fits the schedule I was looking for (M-F, 8-5). It will make things much easier with Sidney when Kimber travels, and the position is within the emergency department, so I will still have exposure to that environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment