Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Norway

I (Kimber) recently returned from a quick trip to Norway. It was wonderful to get back to Stavanger although it also makes me a little sad. We left there just at 1 year ago. This trip was short, only three and a half days. I arrived Tuesday and went straight to work. Wednesday started with a bit of rain, but that was the only rain for the entire trip. Stavanger had their summer while I was there. It was fantastic. I didn't need a jacket at all.

I played sand volleyball with the girls on Wednesday. there is an indoor court in Sandnes. The girls play every Wednesday and I played every week before we moved. We have a hilariously good time with at least one of us (frequently me) collapsing in laughter each week. It is the best stress relief. I was very limited in my ability to play this time as I am still in the boot following my surgery. But I got a few hits and served frequently. The two pictures show the team from last week. The lighting wasn't very good for picture taking. We vary between four and eight players each week. Some are very good players, particularly the ones who play every week.

I ate dinner with Cheryl, the wife of the pastor of the church we attended in Stavanger on Thursday and then went to a bible study with a few ladies. It was wonderful to see Cheryl and hear about her family and the church family. And I needed to get my batteries refilled.

Friday was the nicest day of the week. I didn't bother bringing my jacket to work. I then met friends for dinner and a nice walk around the lake. It was of course a treat to see my dear friends and spend time with them.

I tried to check on the swans that live near where we used to live. I was not able to find them this trip. I didn't have time or ability to walk over to close to where they live. So I don't have an update on their family.

I also took a few more pictures of the new Marathon offices. The Norway office will move to their new digs over the Thanksgiving weekend. I have inserted some pictures below. Of course one includes the reference Condeep in the background. Another is taken from the pier that Kirk and Sidney used to fish from. The building is getting very near completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment