Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Vikings are coming!


This evening as we were enjoying the view of sailboats on the fjord, I noticed an odd looking little vessel approaching. I quickly realized it was a Viking boat, complete with sail and oars! Viking is pronounced vee-king in Norwegian. The people were nice enough to let me take a few photos, and they didn't even pillage and burn my apartment! (I guess they didn't know I have a Celtic background.)




One final thing to mention is that the days have really started getting longer - MUCH longer. The sunlight doesn't fully disappear until around midnight and it starts reappearing around 4:45 am. It has really thrown Sidney's and Kimber's sleep schedules off. I, having been a night-shift nurse, can sleep through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment