Monday, November 16, 2009

Rubber

So my guess is at least the title might have gotten your attention. First this is the rare posting by Kimber. Second, some things in the British English language don't quite have the same meaning as the American English language. Case in point. Sidney comes home from school and says "Hannah broke Ethan's rubber". After we fell out of the chair laughing, we ascertained that what got broken was an eraser (rubbing away a mistake). So hopefully you have gotten a good laugh.



Next, an update on my ankle. I have posted a two week after injury and three week after injury picture. Still looks pretty cool but I am tired of being gimpy. I can bear full weight if I am careful but am a long way from running or doing anything I consider normal. I will start taking the bus again tomorrow but am cautious of my route to avoid cobbles or rocks. It is still very tender and rather bothersome. Still some swelling around the ankle. We did manage to ride bikes for a while this weekend and it felt nice to do something normal. I have also included a picture coming down from Preikestolen this summer. I came down this part on my butt this time around. Looking back now I think I should have gotten help. Yes I just admitted that. Amazing.



And now for the safety moment. We were recently looking through pictures from Germany and found this one of Sidney. As you may recall, we spent Easter there. Mark and Jas put together a great little Easter Egg hunt for the kids. One great egg hiding place is in the woodpile. One disadvantage to the woodpile is the proximity to an ax. That's one way to crack an egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment