Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hopefully a delivery this week!

Our shipment from Norway is due Tuesday. I am not completely sure if that means it will have cleared customs and be ready for delivery Tuesday, or if it means it just arrives on the ship into Houston that day. The other thing I thought of is that the Houston ship channel spent most of the last week and a half closed because of a barge that knocked some high voltage lines into the water, so there were over 40 ships backed up waiting to come in. Hopefully our stuff wasn't tied up in that mess.

Either way, we are going to move out of the temporary apartment on Friday. We do have one bed, and Sidney has her air mattress, so we should be okay. Kimber leaves for Norway for two weeks Saturday evening, so Sidney and I can hold out "camping" if the stuff doesn't come in this week.

I have been working on getting our garage organized most of the week. It may not seek like much, but it is the area of our house with the most loose "stuff" in it. I went with a Rubbermaid clip-on hook system for the large, long items and put up a peg board for the small hand tools. We also have a tool cabinet and a set of Elfa drawers to organize other stuff. There is plenty of room for the Ikea shelves coming from Norway to organize other "garage" stuff. The nice thing is I was able to park in there for the first time Friday after they came and picked up all the boxes from the first shipment.


We also have been getting some "necessity" items for the house. The most important of these things was a barbecue grill. I chose to go with a Charbroil "Red" infrared four-burner with a side burner. After recommendations from others and reading the reviews, I think it was a good choice. The nice thing is that it was the last one they had at Home Depot before closing out for the season, so we saved almost $200 off the list price! I can't wait to get some fresh sweet corn and a couple of New York Strips to try it out.




A few people have requested pictures of our new cars here, so here they are. We are quite pleased so far. I was also a little surprised when I went to fill the Prius the other day. It was down to 1/4 tank, and it only took $25 to fill it back up. I am checking mileage on both of them now, and will have a full report to come.

As I said earlier, Kimber is going back over to Norway next Saturday, so if there are any special requests for things going either way, let us know! Her next trip will be in December.

Well, it is Sunday afternoon, so I think I will turn on a little American football...

No comments:

Post a Comment