Friday, August 12, 2011

Kimber's Foot

Well life can't stay dull with the Hamilton's for long. Especially for Kimber. I had surgery on my left foot Tuesday to make some minor repairs. I am doing OK with it now. Tuesday and the anesthesia were tough. It took until Wednesday afternoon for the anesthesia to wear off. I am also down to a half dose of the pain medicine with Tylenol which has helped clear my brain. I don't think I am quite ready to switch to all Tylenol.

So what did they do. Well I am the proud new owner of two screws. Somehow in the preparation for the surgery I missed that part. I knew they would do some bone cuts and rearrangements but I didn't expect screws. Now I am not convinced that someone can run, jump, bike, etc with two screws in their foot. I have been assured that they won't say come out or poke through my foot. I am not convinced.

I have inserted the x-ray below. They look like deck screws to me. Kirk calls orthopedists carpenters who's preferred tools are Black and Decker. Ha Ha. Should be his foot.



I am gimping along on one crutch. Mostly to keep me from falling over. Will keep you posted on how I progress. This has been an easier recovery than my ankle in Norway. I think because I have this awesome boot that protects my foot and ankle and offers great support.

Sidney comes home from Grandma's tomorrow so we will put up a post with all of her adventures. I am ready to have her home. I am lonely and haven't seen her for almost three weeks as I was in EG until Monday of this week. More details on EG to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment