Thursday, December 11, 2014

December 11

I visited Kirk at the clinic yesterday. He continues to do fairly well there. He hasn't had a set back like the week before Thanksgiving since then. He takes his medications and is fairly compliant with working on assignments at the clinic. He seems more comfortable with where he is and doesn't act nearly as fearful anymore. He still wants me to take him home every time I see him. And he still has no moment to moment memory. While I was visiting I stepped away to talk to the counselor and came back to him. He did not realize he had seen me a few minutes before. Until the amnesia starts to pass though it is very hard to make real progress. 

Sidney was in choir concert last night. I'll get a picture of her in her tuxedo shirt, vest and bow tie up this weekend. It was a cute concert. The kids did a good job. And otherwise Sidney and I are just staying afloat. I am trying to figure out what to do for Christmas to best take care of everyone but I am just not prepared for this. I truly don't think Kirk will even be able to visit us at home. I think me dreams of him home for Christmas are gone. 

Thank you for your continuing love, thoughts, prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment