Sunday, March 8, 2015

March 8

Sidney and I arrived safely at my parents in Colorado Springs. We took two days driving from San Antonio. We drive to Carlsbad Caverns on Friday. We had a nice time in the cave and we walked in and out. And Sidney needed to make up for words during the car ride. She hardly talked at all on the ride. So when we were walking around the cavern, she talked non stop. We also saw a herd of Desert Big Horn Sheep. We spent the night in Artesia. There was a lot of oil field traffic along the whole route. I also noticed a lake between Carlsbad and Artesia. It was a big lake and had Pelicans. Who would have thought. I asked about the lake at the hotel because I hadn't seen it before. Indeed it has been dry for years. Apparently there was a lot of rain this year, enough to flood Carlsbad and fill the lake.

We headed to Colorado Springs after our night in Artesia. We will be here for a few days before heading back to Texas. Hopefully with our batteries refilled and ready to get back to our busy life.

I saw Kirk briefly twice before we left. He is still about the same. I'm still expecting him to be discharged from rehab in a few weeks. And I'm still working a plan for that. Please keep praying for the right path to develop for him. And for the beginning of short term memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment