Sunday, May 17, 2015

Happy 17 May

Some of our happiest memories are from our time in Norway. Today is Norway's National Day. There will have been parades and celebrations. Norwegian adults and children would have also worn their traditional clothing. I saw some lovely pictures of my friends today.

Sidney and I survived a busy week after a no rest weekend last weekend. We had company this weekend and caught up on rest. I also got several different meals cooked and into the freezer.

I purchased furniture for Kirk this weekend. I will be moving him to Rainbow House at the end of the month. He can't stay in memory care where he is. It just isn't the right place and I can't afford it. This wasn't an easy decision and was made with a lot of tears. But they also rarely have a room and have had one open for two months. You can google the facility to learn more about it but it is a home for people with TBI. Some residents have been there 20 years. He will be well cared for in a way that needs to be with the schedule he needs and the constant supervision. And for now I can get him to daycare at least part time.

I have finalized Sidney's summer plans and could use some help a few times. The first time is June 15 through June 19 getting her to and from Boerne during the middle of the day. The second time is July 27 through July 30 to near the house in the middle of the day. And the last day is August 6 again near the house in the middle of the day. Please let me know if you could help.

I am also working on downsizing a bit. I have a list of items that I'll put on Craig's list but I thought I'd let my friends know first.


  • Men's mountain bike
  • Men's road bike
  • Various sound equipment (no idea what some of it is)
  • 1980's movie posters
  • Older video camera
  • Box of bike parts
  • Various bits of camping gear including a stove and pans
  • Table saw
  • Router
  • Remote control helicopter
  • 10 gallon shop vac
  • Raft and paddles
  • Metal detector
  • Two 48 inch wreaths
  • Men's right hand golf clubs- complete set but maybe 15 years old and includes pull cart and bag
I'll probably come up with more stuff. I'm also selling the tandem and car roof rack. 

I am back with lawyers this week and I'd like to try to get Kirk a new ID card and his drivers listen every revoked. We are counting down the days of school anxious for the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment