Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Memorial Day

I apologize for the delayed post. It's been busy but that is always my excuse. I got Kirk moved to Rainbow House today. It was a fairly uneventful transition. I got him and his medications with some help from a friend and we were off. We stopped and got him his card to ride the bus and then took him to the house. You can look up Rainbow House San Antonio in the Internet to learn about it and learn about the residents. I have to admit my second pass made me feel much better than my first visit. I think my perspective has changed. He has a nice little room that although small is fresh and clean and bright. His furniture looks very nice and I know he'll get the care he needs. They'll understand what he doesn't remember and cue him as needed. 

I was very upset when I got to him. He was wearing the same clothes as Monday. Based on the smell, I think he has worn them since then. My anger at his care is deep and hot. There is no reason it should have been that way. He is sweet and kind and gentle. 

I had him Monday for a while to go to a barbecue at a friends. He had a nice time, we all did. And the weather held so we could hang out outside. The kids could swim and jump on the trampoline. 

Last week I got his ID card to replace his lost drivers license. That was actually pretty easy. Another thing off my to do list. Still have to work the VA though.

Sidney has a field trip tomorrow. She is struggling a bit to get through the year. I think it is fatigue as well as age. And it's been a hard year. I wish I could make it better.

So I looked through the the movie posters. I am too young or old or sheltered. I only recognized a few. Oh well. 

Please pray for Kirk to be happy or at least be content where he is. I don't think he understands why he can't come home and I think in some way he can't express it makes him very sad. Some of the residents at Rainbow seem very nice and I hope he can make some friendships with enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment