Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Square One

These have been tough weeks. I went to Houston last week in part to deliver the tandem back to where we bought it so it can be sold. We were the family that biked together to stay together. So many happy times happened on bikes. I hope that the lovely bike with rainbow wheels built for our family will make another family happy memories.

I did get Sidney back while I was there and we went to Space Center with a few of Sidney's friends and we had a nice dinner out. We went to church in Katy and headed back to San Antonio.

Sidney swam all week last week. 4 or so hours a day. She went to sleep really easy.

But onto the harder stuff. Our 17th anniversary was Saturday. It was very difficult. I miss Kirk so very much and I didn't.t tell him enough when it mattered how much I appreciated him.

Rainbow House, where Kirk has been living the last few months, will be closing in November. Most of the residents are on Medicare and the facility has not received increase in funding in many years while expenses continue to increase. In addition they have had turnover in staff at a high rate. And so they must close and 13 residents, including Kirk need to find a new home. Please pray. It was hard to find this place and we know what won't work. It seemed like we had found a place that was safe and could care for him. How do I find a new place? Please ask friends, look on the Internet, anything that you can think of. I am willing to try Houston and Austin if needed. I am tired and overwhelmed and just want the best for him. I am going to continue with the VA, talk to Alamo Head Injury and DARS and Kirk's Psychiatrist (more on that later). I'll take any idea.

Thank you again for standing by us. We could not go this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment