Saturday, August 1, 2015

Searching

I have called 7 or 8 places to look for a place for Kirk and have struck out on all. Either they are post acute rehab or far out of my price range and too active or large for Kirk. I have a call into one more possibility but then I will have run through all of my ideas and the ones you all have provided. I'm still working with the VA to try to get him into a Veteran Foster home but I haven't had success yet. I also will start to look at smaller assisted living homes around. I a also attended a family meeting to discuss ideas to salvage Rainbow House but I am afraid it won't be successful. I am scared and sad and unsure again about the future.

On a lighter note Sidney went to bug camp this week. I'll have to get the pictures of her holding a tarantula and snake. She had a great time and wants to do it again next year. We are currently in Corpus Christi for a swim meet. She swam three events today and was faster in each. It was a long day. We were at the pool at 6:30 and left at 4:30, tired and hungry. We don't have to be as early tomorrow but also don't know when we can head home. She's in at least three more events.

We head to Peru Friday. We are looking forward to the trip. We are packed if you consider all our stuff piled on the living room table to be packed. I need to figure out what I'll stuff it all into.

I'll try to get a post up before we leave. Please don't stop praying or thinking of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment