Saturday, January 16, 2016

A Small Piece of Normal (Almost)

Kitchen with attack plastic
I will be able to sleep in my bed tonight and shower in my shower in the morning.  My vanity isn't complete yet but I can use the other one.  I have a bit of work left in my room to get it completely back to normal but it is much better.

Kitchen ceiling with repairs
Dry wall and texture went in this week.  All the machines left Monday.  So I am no longer heating the attic.  It's also quiet and more comfortable. I suspect paint will happen early in the week.  No idea on cabinets yet.  There is also a lot of molding to complete and work in Sidney's bathroom.  We should be able to move her back into her room in the next few days.


All the plastic came down from the kitchen on Friday.  It feels really weird.  The last round of plastic was attack plastic.  It billowed out into the living room when the heat was on and would make you get stuck in the pantry.  Glad to see it go.








Master bedroom
Sidney was home sick on Thursday.  A mild little stomach bug.  So she didn't swim Thursday and swimming was canceled Friday and Saturday.  Getting enough water time is frustrating.  She is officially half way through the school year.  The first 2/3 of the semester were pretty good but she had a harder time in the last 6 weeks.  A lot of missing assignments and bad grades.... We have some work to do.  I think she will come out of the semester OK overall if there aren't any surprises.




Kitchen still missing cabinets


Sidney's bathroom
Kirk will be discharged on Thursday.  There is no further diagnosis.  They cannot tell definitively if he had a stroke or not and there is really nothing more that can be done to help him.  I am so happy with the care from the VA and the effort they made to see if there was anything more they could do.  He is not unhappy and they will do some basic physical therapy when he goes back to the foster home.  They will also be watching his weight and diet as he did have high A1C results.  He will go back to day camp in a week or so.  He started that right before Christmas and seemed to enjoy it.  He can do crafts and karaoke and gets good and tired every day.  He is going 4 days a week and it is funded by the VA.

Sidney gets a three day weekend.  I am grilling brats tonight and cooking pirogies on the burner on the grill. Tomorrow I will make burgers and otherwise it is microwave.  But the freezer is getting empty.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment