Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Big Mess Continues

Where the kitchen should be
I don't see any end to the big mess. There is indeed an enclosure around the kitchen because the ceiling is out. The temporary sink is in the enclosure which makes it nearly useless. The zipper to the enclosure requires a stool to open and the ability to hurdle to get in so I am washing dishes in the powder room sink. They have also since removed part of the wall to the garage from the laundry room to dry that. There are 5 industrial dehumidifiers and 8 big blowers int he house. It is stunningly loud.

The Kitchen in the Dining Room
I was supposed to move back into the master bedroom this weekend but there isn't carpet or paint yet. At least several more days.....And I have no expectations of the kitchen. Maybe middle of February.  One of the little culprits has been removed from earth. He may be the only one, I hope.

I can grill on the weekends and cook on the single burner on the grill. Weekdays we eat out of the freezer. Things you can microwave. Friday night we stop and get a meal to bring home from somewhere. It's an interesting way to live. Sidney doesn't seem to care much.

My bedroom at least has sheet rock and part of the vanity back in.  Oh for normal.

Walls back in the bedroom
I don't have much update on Kirk.  They did an MRI Wednesday but I haven't heard any results. I also talked with a psychologist who was seeing him. The psychologist believes he has PTSD from his time in the military. She said it is not uncommon for people to have perfect control over feelings about what they experienced in the military until something drastically changes in their mind, like from a brain injury or stroke. She will do what she can to help him with this aspect of who he is now. And I will wait for more information.  What I do know and can't say enough is that his care has been wonderful from the instant he became eligible for VA care. San Antonio is the right place to be if you are a veteran who needs help.

This is another difficult phase in our lives. Sidney is very resilient but I am really tired and overwhelmed.  I desperately need a longer period of quiet normalcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment