Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Loss of a Loyal Friend and Repatriation

First, this is a rare post by Kimber. And it is unusual to put these things in the same post.


We have said goodbye to a dear loyal friend. Alex, our dog of 16 years, has died. We knew it would only be a matter of time before this day would come but it doesn't make saying farewell any easier. Alex was the best dog ever and one of the hardest things we did was to leave him when we came here. We left him with a great friend and he maintained his "retirement" with Michelle who loved him as much as we did. Alex was the best dog anyone could have. He was loyal, playful, obedient and loving. And he looked like a puppy for all of his 16 years.

The second part of the post is about our pending move. We also knew our time in Norway would be temporary. We will be moving to Houston sometime after September 1. So our mission now is to do as many more things as we can before then. I will be taking on a Process Safety Coordinator position supporting all of Marathon's international assets. It is really a great opportunity and means I will continue to support Norway. We will post more details as we learn them.

Last an update on me. I tried to go to work today but it was still too much. My head is still not quite well enough to stay up for too long and my right arm is still not very functional. I am getting better just not at the speed I would like. I still hold out hope to do the next race in three weeks. My legs are OK but obviously it is good if I can hold the handle bars of my bike. And I need to maintain my legs.

Thanks to all for your well wishes and thoughts as we go through all these transitions and trials. Our friends and family keep us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment