Thursday, August 6, 2015

It Takes a Village

We have all heard it takes a village to raise a child. But it also takes a village to keep our family going. It takes the ones who have sat at the hospital with me, brought food, driven us somewhere, done research, prayed and loved. It is the ones who have loved Sidney and I constantly and those who watch over us to make sure we are OK. Thank you.

We are going off the grid tomorrow. We leave for Peru mid-day and my goal is to only watch for emergencies on my phone. Stormy is at a boarding home and the neighbors will care for the rest. Kirk is stable. 

I'll take pictures and notes so I can put an old fashioned post up when we get back. One like they used to be. Full of adventure and fun. We are looking forward to giving back. We have received for nearly a year and for a short week we can give with love. 

Pray for our safety, health, and for some peace while we are gone. Oh and pray we stay warm. It's winter and 14,000 feet! No heat, no hot water.

No comments:

Post a Comment