Sunday, June 7, 2015

Graduation

The first graduation has occurred. Sidney graduated from 5th grade on Thursday and will be off to middle school in the fall. I am really, really proud of her. She kept her grades up and did fabulously on her STAAR tests, scoring above the advanced level on all three tests. And it was such a hard year. Kirk's accident was only 5 days after she started 5th grade and a few months after we uprooted her life to move to San Antonio. And she stayed Sidney through it all. Because of her hard work she won the President's Education Awards Program Outstanding Academic Excellence award which is awarded to 5th grade students who maintain above a 90 percent average in all classes, have at least one STAAR test with above an advanced score and demonstrate outstanding citizenship. Did I say I was proud!





We also had a little party at the house Friday. It was really nice to have a house full of guests and everyone chipped in. Sidney was pretty funny though. She didn't like people being here after 9 pm. She kept whispering to me that they should leave, it was bed time. But for a change I had what I needed and she finally fell asleep. She quizzed me later about when they left.

We had our realtor over for dinner Saturday.  It was nice to see her again. I made a meal far too huge for three. I officially need to stop cooking. I have run out of storage materials. All of my Tupperware is occupied.

I went into the computer room last night and there was brown liquid dripping down the wall. It took a while to figure out what it was. One of Kirk's collector Coca-Cola cans had developed a small leak and was dripping down the wall. I think it took at least a few days to drip off the shelf. It was really nasty.

I made homemade tomato soup tonight. I had tomatoes and onions left over from the dinner party and Sidney isn't here to eat the tomatoes. It actually turned out really good but I burned the whole palm of my hand. I put the soup in the blender to puree and it was too full. Boiling hot soup came out the top onto my hand, as well as the wall and floor. My hand is sore but OK.

Sidney is at camp this week. She is at Mo Ranch, about an hour and a half away, towards Kerrville. The drive over was really pretty and really curvy. I am having a hard time adjusting to her being gone. Not quite sure what to do with myself.  I do start a Spanish class Tuesday night. It is 6 nights, Tuesday and Thursday night for the next three weeks. Preparation for Peru.


No comments:

Post a Comment