Sunday, April 26, 2015

April 26

I suppose I should become more creative with my blog post titles. My birthday was Monday. I had no expectations of a good birthday. I actually approached it with dread. But my wonderful friends came through with sweet treats and delectable eats. It started last Friday with a delicious chocolate cake after lunch around a big table. The more full a table for a meal, the happier I am. The weekend was good which I wrote about before.

I went out to lunch and dinner on my birthday and my friends gave me a mini crockpot. I fret over feeding Sidney and I good square meals. So this little crock pot should help me make Sidney and I sized healthy meals.

Sidney had up and down days swimming last week. Some days she was just tired and frustrated and other days she came out of the pool on a high. the middle to the end of the week was more challenging. I can very much see Sidney's struggle with the events of our life. She had a bit of difficulty on Thursday demonstrating fear, sadness, anger and desire for "normal". it was heart breaking and renewed the same feelings in me. It has taken a weekend of small successes to start to recover from that set back.

We had a friend over for dinner on Saturday and I made lasagna. It was great and we had such a nice dinner. And I was thinking ahead at the store and managed to cobble three mini pizzas out of some extra ingredients from the lasagna and stuff we already had along with bought crusts. Sidney finally got back on her beloved horse today. The weather has been a major hold up to riding.

Sidney has an interesting habit. It involves the cat and a cup of water. The cat is a snob and prefers to drink from the bath tub. However the water splashes so I fill a plastic cup and leave it in the tub. Sidney needed a drink so she just reached into the tub and drank the water from the cup. She didn't dump it and refill it or rinse it out.  The cat drinks with her tongue!!!

I am meeting with the staff at Hamilton House tomorrow to discuss moving Kirk to regular assisted living.  He has had no problems and has shown no desire to walk away so we may be ready to try. It's another risk of confusion and we need to figure out how to make him succeed.  I will also take him to the neuro-ophthalmologist this week. Hopefully we can get his vision straightened out.

I finalized Sidney's summer plans with a little bit of flexibility. We will go to Peru together on a mission in August.  That will be our get away.  I will be collecting things to take to the kids there. They love sticky notes and hand sanitizer. I am also going to take tooth brushes.  Their sweet little teeth are very unhealthy. Sidney will also go to Mo Ranch and grandma's.

1 comment:

  1. I so wish I could flip a switch for you all.. to see my friends family struggle is very difficult. I know we may not know each other and have only that one visit at the hospital but you are truly in my prayer every single day.

    ReplyDelete