Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April 8

A quick update about the day. Today was moving day for Kirk and very stressful for me. There wasn't a road map for how to this so I did the best I could. A friend and I moved his things this morning and got his room set up comfortably. The van from the Hamilton Wolfe house where Kirk is moving to, picked him up from the clinic. And everything went fine. He got a tour and ate dinner. He made a bead bracelet and stemmed very content. The staff commented that he is very gentlemanly and very easy to get along with. I am so very relieved. I burned a lot of calories worrying about how today was going to go and I shed a lot of tears saying goodbyes to people who cared for him so much for the last 5 months. Their goals and desires weren't met. They cared for him and wanted him to get better and come home.

Well today went fine. There are many days to go and our goal is to get him out of memory care but we have many days ahead to see how he adapts to his new life.

I'll get an address into the next post so he can get a letter every once in a while. He might not know who they are from but who doesn't like to get a letter.


No comments:

Post a Comment