Saturday, November 1, 2014

November 1

Today is two months since the accident. Nothing is as I expected. But we are still moving towards whatever our new normal will be.

Sidney and I started our morning with a couple of hours with Kirk. We took him some coffee and chili. He ate and drank about half of each.  After visiting Kirk we got gas, car wash and groceries before heading home to make grilled cheese for lunch. I went for a quick run after lunch and then we made one more trip to Home Depot to get plants for the front. Carolyn and Barbara spent the afternoon with Kirk. We got the plants in, a coat of teak oil on some furniture, laundry done and dinner cooked. We will take Kirk some salmon and potato left overs tomorrow. And now I am ready to crash into bed.

Our lobster, Rocky, has devoured another fish so I need to figure out a solution. I don't want to maintain another tank but I can't afford for him to eat a fish every week and Sidney loves him. I am between a rock and a hard place. I just don't know what to do.


I have included pictures of the Mine Craft pumpkin and owl pumpkin I carved for Sidney. She loved them.

I also forgot to say that I am sorry I missed getting to say hello to so many of you in person while I was in Houston. I was pressed for time and there just was no way for me to see everyone. Please be patient with me until I get back. And thank you for continuing to support us.

We still receive little treasures in the mail from friends. Those small gifts make our days so much brighter and really keep us going. Thank you so much.

I took Kirk his glasses yesterday and they have already disappeared. Argh.



No comments:

Post a Comment