Saturday, November 8, 2014

November 8

Kirk is just steady on at Reeves. I do think he will move this week as long as there is a bed at what's ever facility I choose. I looked at Mentis this week and will look at Neurorestorative this week. There are advantages and disadvantages to both so I will do my best to choose the right one.

Here is a picture of the three of us from today. It's a little blurry but still nice to have one as a family.

Kirk has had several techs with him that speak Arabic so he has been getting some practice with that language. They are all impressed with his ability to speak Arabic.

He has been doing a little writing and drawing. He wrote his name and then he wrote Sidney, daughter and Kimber, wife. It was completely his handwriting. I could recognize it anywhere.

He is mad at me because I don't eat dinner with him. Yesterday he to,d me to go home and relax. I said I would try and he told me I would do more than try. I did relax for one hour today. I got a facial and haircut.

I also rode my bike today. I haven't ridden since the day of the accident. Sidney was overnight at friends and I had a friend here. I did only 8 miles and it was physically hard because it has been so long but I was OK. It might be a while before I can ride again.

I also visited the ICU yesterday while I was at the hospital. It was my first visit since we left. It was nice to see the nurses and doctors and they enjoyed hearing how Kirk is. I still look forward to the three of us going back together to say thank you.

I also got some stuff done at the house like more pictures hung and a goodwill trip. Thanks in part to my friend and Sidney being gone. Of course that stuff doesn't stop so I am off to clean the fish tank.


3 comments:

  1. So wonderful to see a beautiful picture of the three of you!!! Thank you for sharing!!! Thanking God for all of Kirk's progress and continuing to pray for each of you. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete