Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17

Kirk had a good weekend. We had a friend from Houston visit and he had an army buddy visit.  So there were several parties in his room.  He was back to knowing who Sidney and I were and being a clown.  He is being a jokester and if he were in his right mind his jokes wouldn't be funny.  Here is a picture of us from this weekend.


Friday I got home to this hole in my ceiling.  Nice, isn't it.  I had a leak from what I thought was the roof but it was a water pipe.  So it is drying out before they remediate and patch it up.  All the insulation was in the bath tub. That was aggravating.

Kirk moved today to Neuro Restorative.  This is a transitional care facility that is intend to get him able to care for himself.  He will be much more responsible for what has to happen dying his day.  This is milestone.  He is officially not an inpatient anymore and there is no more hospital ID on his arm.  He lives in a large 6 bedroom house and goes to a clinic for rehab every day.

His address is 124 South Winston Lane (I think). He can be visited after 6 pm on weekdays and during the day on weekends.  I'll get some more specifics up soon.

He has gained back some weight but I suspect he will loose some in the next few weeks of more intense work. I think he has gained back about 15 pounds.

I made chicken noodle soup last night. I repurposed some frozen chicken leftovers as well as some frozen veggie left overs. It was really good and Kirk's mom, aunt and a friend of ours ate with us. Sidney made dessert from a fruit tray, making everyone a slightly different smiley face.

Sidney is off next week but we still have lots to do. I am still trying to find various resources to help us for now and in the future. We will continue to need support of friends and professionals. We have a lot of learning to do still. Thank you for your loving support. I'll keep you posted on how Kirk does this week with all the changes in his life.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this picture. It is so wonderful to see you all smiling. We continue to pray for each one of you. I look forward to all of your blogs. Thank you for sharing & keeping us updated. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete