Wednesday, November 19, 2014

November 19

Kirk has been over at the new place for a couple of days now. The first night was confusing because he wanted to come home and there were so many changes that day. He didn't want to sleep in his room that night and fell asleep in the living room. He did eventually move to his bed. Last night went better.

His mom visited him today and I will swing by tomorrow. I did talk to him on the phone tonight. I was hesitant to do that because I don't want to confuse him more. But we had a pretty good conversation. Still a lot of word substituting. He has used a variety of words over time. Meme is his primary word. But he uses subscription, prescription, and others and today added masquerade.

I really want to check him out for a few hours on Thanksgiving. I am equally apprehensive. He seems reasonably adaptable and calm but what if something is a trigger. I am going to speak with his counselor at length.

Sidney and I are developing simple Christmas decorating plans that we can do safely by ourselves. It would be easy to skip all together but we both need a break from our new normal.

Sidney has taken up a project to make and sell book marks to give money to church, choir, school and animal shelter. I have been absconded into helping her fulfill her orders. It gets us at the table talking and working with no TV or thought of any problems. She is a sweet and giving child.

No comments:

Post a Comment