Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February 10

Sorry for the delayed update when I promised to update every day when Kirk was in the hospital.  Kirk is doing much better and will be discharged back to Neurorestorative this afternoon.  There are still puzzles about why he got so sick.  So there was a mild urinary tract infection and based on CT an infection in his kidneys. There is also evidence of crystallization there. He also had some issues with his lungs but it didn't seem like enough to make him that sick.  So unfortunately we will stay puzzled. 

We will see how much he back tracked while not being in rehab for a week.  Hopefully he will get back on his feet pretty quickly.

I did have the monthly meeting with Neurorestorative yesterday.  The basic conclusion is that Kirk will likely be home in two months and that he will need 24 hour supervision for at least 6 months to a year or more.  To be honest I am not sure how I will manage that but I am working on a plan. 

He has made improvements. He is reading better, has better balance, identifying more objects, and doing better at functional tasks.  He will try to do anything anyone asks and willingly. But he does need constant supervision because of the lack of memory and balance issues and no safety awareness. 

Please pray for him to continue to recover and gain memory.  Please pray for me to make some really hard decisions and that I can continue to keep my family as happy and whole as possible. 

On another note, Sidney made the swim team.  Now we will see if I can juggle that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment