Sunday, February 22, 2015

February 22

I might have to work backwards on his post. My head isn't completely clear and my memory seems to on,y work in reverse. My dad left this morning to head back to Colorado. He got as far as Lubbock before daylight, weather and fatigue forced him to stop for the night. Hopefully this storm will go over him tonight. We went to church today and we're surprised by a lovely and thoughtful gift. I of course cried which seems to be my normal reaction now. Sidney ride her beloved TP this afternoon right before we turned into Popsicles. 

Yesterday was interesting. I got a bike ride in. I rode my road bike for the first time since the accident. I only rode about 8 miles but I actually felt OK. I was cautious and didn't ride the same route. I actually enjoyed riding outside and on a lighter bike again. After getting cleaned up we made a Home Depot run before going to get Kirk. Sidney had swim practice for an hour. This was her second practice and I think she has swam 40 to 50 laps in two hour practices. There have been small hiccups but we will see where it goes. 

After that was when the craziness started. My phone was ringing and I was getting texts when we all walked in the house starving. I was on call this weekend and spent the time I was supposed to feed the people and go to the store working. It got better after that. We were supposed to go see friends in the afternoon and take Stormy. So we got loaded into the Prius after I remember everything. Four humans and a dog. Pushed the start and nothing happened. Plan B was to take two cars. Dad would take his truck with Sidney and Stormy and I'd take my car with Kirk. I went to get Stormy out and she was locked in the back. I had to take the fence I put in to keep her in the back out and have her jump over the seat to get out. Car is charged and seems OK now. And I am opposed to allergies, at least air born ones. I've never had them and didn't believe in them until yesterday. I was miserable. I took Kirk home after dinner and then went to the store. After that allergy medicine and bed.

The week up to this weekend was not so great. I can't go into details but it was really rough. There is at least another week of rough coming. Sidney and I otherwise have a standard week plus the dentist and Alamo Head Injury Association meeting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment