Monday, February 16, 2015

February 16

It has been a busy few days. I was in the field with work Wednesday and Thursday. Sidney had piano practice Thursday and got her other blue ribbon. She got 100% on her theory test. I am very proud of her. I have also been buying all the stuff a swimmer needs. It seems like a lot of gear for water.

When we got home from piano I had to take Stormy to a friend and after that I fed the fish. That's when I noticed Rocky, our blue lobster, was curled up in the tank. He was dead. There were many tears from my soft hearted child and I had to clean the fish tank at 8:30 at night.

Sidney, my dad, and I left for Houston after work on Friday. We drove the through the worst traffic I have seen in San Antonio. It took almost an hour and half to get out of San Antonio. I was exhausted once we got to Houston.

Our purpose for going to Houston this time was to go to Cirque Du Soleil. I bought tickets for Sidney, Kirk and me way back in late September when Kirk was starting to wake up in ICU. It was one of the first things I allowed myself when I actually thought he would live. I never dreamed at that time that our situation would be what it is. I am obviously happy my dad could see the show with us but heart broken that my Valentine's Day gift to my husband did not happen the way I wanted. I am not sure that Kirk even realizes what Valentines Day is right now.

The show was about a maiden trapped on a mysterious island. A ship wrecks there and a young man is enthralled by her. The story continues with their courting and finally marriage. The Cirque is jam packed with humans doing amazing things. Sidney called the young man "lover boy" and repeatedly said the whole show was "epic".

She had not slept the night before. First she saw her girlfriend in Katy so they had to catch up until past midnight. Then she couldn't sleep. She missed her momma and texted me all night. She napped on the way to the Cirque which kept her going for a while.

It wasn't enough to survive dinner at Lupe Tortillas. She fell asleep with her head on the table and one time was startled awake only long enough to put her head back down in the chip bowl.

We went to church in Katy before stopping at Whole Foods for a grilled cheese fix and the swim store one more time. We made it to San Antonio and got groceries and had dinner on the table by 6:30 pm.

Sidney had Monday off of school. The weather was awful so she and grandpa were stuck inside except for the few errands we ran in the afternoon when I took a half day. My dad is taking Sidney to school everyday. That extra 30 minutes in the morning has been helpful at work. And he is keeping us fed.

I have started a reverse resume for a care taker for Kirk. My current plan, assuming he goes to out patient rehab, is the someone will come at 7 to get him up, showered, fed and a lunch packed. That person would take Kirk to rehab by 9. Kirk would stay there until 3 and the same person would stay with him until 5:30. Unfortunately out patient rehab will last maybe a month or month and a half.

What do I do to make his life complete after rehab? He doesn't want to sit around and I don't think will be happy at the house all day every day.  And every hour I am not with him or he isn't with someone else who knows us or is willing to be with him, I have to pay for care. Please if anyone has ideas to help make his life full, share with me. I just don't know what to do after rehab. Ultimately return to a simple work would be ideal but that isn't an option yet. He loves to work at the food pantry and he hates to be bored. I'll take any an all suggestions. And please pray for answers to come my way and the right care taker or care takers.

No comments:

Post a Comment