Friday, September 19, 2014

September 19 Update 2

Kirk had a really good day. Everything looks really good on him today. ICPs have been good and he is breathing well through the tracheostomy on the ventilator. He is over breathing the ventilator some and we are continuing wean the settings on the ventilator. We aren't trying to wean him off of it yet. This was a day we needed after yesterday.

Sidney came to see him this afternoon. She did a fantastic job taking everything she saw in stride. We have been talking about her visit and the things she would see for a while. So she was well prepared. She was so excited to see him she was nearly dancing. She held his hand and talked to him. I am so proud of her. We sat in his room chatting to him a bit and playing games for a while. I hope we will be able to do this more and eventually get him involved more.

Tonight is date night so I will be at the hospital with him all night. I hope he sleeps and heals tonight.

This time I think is very hard for him. He is smart and kind and full of life. But I don't know what is happening in his head. We are so excited that he simply opens his eyes or sticks out his tongue but at the same time I wonder what is going on in his brain. Is he in there thinking like Kirk or not? Is he frustrated that he can't get out or simply trying to figure out new life. I love him so much and I want to magically make him better.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up kirk! Thanks for sharing this journey kimber. You have a lot of people on the roller coaster, holding on to you.

    ReplyDelete