Thursday, September 4, 2014

September 4 Update 2

The afternoon has been better, more stable than last night and this morning. Kirk had an echocardiogram late this morning to look for signs of infection in his heart on the heart valves. We don't have the results of that yet. He also had the second bronchoscopy and they cleaned his lungs out more with that. We are also turning him more to keep his lungs and body shifting.

He is back on the cooling blanket to try to control his temperature. He was also given ketamine to reduce the ICP.  He is much more deeply sedated now than before.  An ophthalmologist came to look at his eyes but can't give a full report until she can dilate his eyes. They look OK so far except for the fractures around his eyes. He will go for MRI tonight. He also remains on the alternate respirator setting which works by inflating his lungs and then holding pressure for a couple of seconds before allowing him to exhale. This keeps oxygen in his lungs longer. It isn't a preferred setting but he is staying more saturated that way. They will have to change the settings when he he goes for MRI so it will be a chance to see how he reacts.

He will get some liquid food tonight. We have to keep my big man going.

I am operating by lists. I have figured out that I need to write everything down and to ask people to remind me to do things. I did sleep more last night and am starting to feel like I have a grip. Every set back makes me question that.

When I left the hospital this afternoon to take Sidney to the orthodontist, my low tire pressure light was on. I managed to get air in and all seems fine but all I need is a nail in my tire.

On a normal note, I took Sidney to the orthodontist. She has to get a small set if braces, brackets on her four front teeth and brackets on the back molars only on top. She is not happy but she did pick star shaped brackets so she is "settling" for those. She has piano tonight but I have managed a quick visit to Kirk before that.

The angels keep coming to me. Someone sent Sidney a beautiful unicorn pillow pet and provided us with more meals.


1 comment:

  1. The Lord will continue to be your strength. Thanks for sharing all these with us. We won't stop praying.

    ReplyDelete