Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7 Update 2

This is a short update. I have been with Sidney and some friends trying to take care of home this afternoon and evening so my update is based mostly on phone conversations with his nurses. Kirk's ICP rose over the afternoon and so they increased the pentobarbital from the 1.75 mg/Kg/hr (the Kg is body weight) to 2.75 to try to get his ICP below 20. However they did find that he had high arterial CO2 and they have adjusted his ventilator settings to try to help lower that. It seems to be working and his ICP has lowered so they will try to lower the pentobarbital some over night along with watching his arterial CO2.

Several members of the team Kirk worked with in Houston came for a visit this afternoon. I wish I was able to meet the people of his away from home life under better circumstances but I thank you for your support.

Sidney and I ate dinner at our table this evening with our dear and supportive friends who have been by our side since the first hour. It was good. Not to mention it was a well balanced real meal with meat, veggies, carbs, and desert (which did have fruit). It is difficult for me to feel like I am in the right place if I am with Sidney or with Kirk. But my husband is in the best hands anywhere and our daughter needs my hands.

We also got Stormy, the sweet young dog we adopted just three days before the accident, back home. She was visiting our dear friends until I could get my feet on the ground. She is super sweet and I am happy to have her home.

Kimber

No comments:

Post a Comment