Friday, September 5, 2014

September 5 Update 2

Kirk had about the same type of afternoon as a morning. We are really fighting swelling in his brain and high ICP. Those are the highest concern right now. We are trying to not stimulate him at all to keep his stress to a minimum. He has been on an EEG (electrical scan of the brain) several times to look for seizure activity. He still isn't stable enough for an MRI. They are also chilling him down to 95 degrees to try to reduce the brain swelling.

The format of this post isn't super. I am trying to do it from my IPad but I wanted to include pictures of his helmet and bike. His helmet is obviously damaged but there is almost no damage to his bike. Only a little damage to the right handle bar and shifter. I just can't wrap my head around this.

Sidney is spending the night with a friend. Same family who has been by our side since the first hour. They took Stormy, the dog we adopted one week ago to the vet to verify she is in good shape. Stormy has been visiting them since the accident and Sidney and I are going to try to bring her home Sunday.

I am spending the night at the hospital. I need a night with my husband.

I want to say thank you to everyone for everything. The prayers, the food, flowers, offers of help, support and on. I apologize if I don't return a call, message, or email. I do get them and I thank you for them. They are helping to keep me going. I won't lie that each day is hard. Your support is so appreciated even if I forget to tell you.









No comments:

Post a Comment