Saturday, September 27, 2014

September 27 Update 2

Oh I am so excited I could dance. Kirk kisses me and Sidney. We tell him we need a kiss and he puckers up and gives us a real kiss with the noise and everything. He is so much more awake today. He looks around and tracks with his eyes and sometimes moves his head. I think he was watching football until he needed a nap. He knew Sidney was there and chatting with him and he was listening. This afternoon he has been trying to lift his arms. I am sure he is after the tracheostomy but I will take it. He just looks alive and like Kirk.

He is coughing up a lot of mucus still from his lungs. That makes him uncomfortable and drops his saturation sometimes but it is good he is coughing it out. Please continue to pray for healthy lungs.

We are debating whether he will need another central line. He is off IV sedation, at least until we need to move him like for a bath. He is getting heparin but can move to the next medicine anytime which will be oral. So really the only thing he needs right now by IV is the single antibiotic he is still on. So the central line may not be worth it.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful update. So pleased to read about his big progress. Sending much love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! We are beside ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still lifting my brother up in my prayers daily

    ReplyDelete