Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29 Update 2

So we finally got moved. Kirk was supposed to move at 2 pm but the move didn't actually start until 7:30 pm. We lost one more piece of hard wear on our way out. Kirk no longer needs the arterial line. He us stable enough on the vent to not need constant blood gasses. And hopefully he won't be on the vent much longer. We didn't get the CPAP test today because of the move. He is at LifeCare Hospital at 8902 Floyd Curl Dr., San Antinio, TX 78240. He is currently in ICU Bed 8.

Walking one last time from his room, saying good by to the staff, walking out of the waiting room where I sometimes waited in fear was so much harder than I could ever have imagined. I could not stop the tears. The nurses, doctors and other staff have been beyond amazing. I can't wait for the day we can walk in as a family and tell them thank you. They will all forever hold a special place in my heart. Because we didn't leave until after 7 pm I got to say a goodbye to the night staff. Every nurse is excited to see us leave, not because they don't love us, but because they are thrilled this day came.

He made the trip fairly well. It took some time before I could see him but he was cleaned up and in a dapper blue gown. He was very asleep when I did get to see him but woke up for several minutes and was very focused. He would turn his head and eyes towards me when I asked and would answer yes or no questions my moving his head. I didn't get a kiss tonight but I got some earlier. I told him he needed to sleep tonight because he starts working tomorrow. One question I asked him was if visitors were OK and he said yes. But let's give a few days to adjust, work a schedule and get settled please.

Four weeks ago today I thought I was going to loose my wonderful husband. Somehow he hung on and we are starting a new chapter in his recovery. He graduated today as the ICU nurses say. A day I wasn't sure would come arrived today.

Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, your words, and support which he have felt in so many ways. We will walk together on this next part of our journey. I know we are held, loved, carried and occasionally pushed. My supporting angels were behind me today. I can't be in two places at once so my wonderful friends stepped in and took care of Sidney tonight. Bless them.

2 comments:

  1. God is so good. Prayers going up for this next step of his journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no words for how happy we are to have kirk back. Bless you Kimber!

    ReplyDelete