Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13

Sorry for the delayed post. It has been a day of go followed by go. Kirk is doing OK today. He did the arm bike for about 5 minutes and the leg bike for 5 minutes. He got nauseated on the leg bike probably from just being up while doing. He also started shrugging his shoulders and raising his eyebrows today. A friend came by and Kirk shook the friends hand.

I am ready to get Kirk moving to the next step in his recovery. I am going to get hold of insurance tomorrow to start looking at facilities. I think he is ready to start working more.

Sidney had her post-op appointment for her eyes. Everything is looking fine. The correction seems good and her incisions are healing nicely. We have only two more days of antibiotics in her eyes and next week she can swim in her class next Thursday.

We got a few things done around the house in the evening. Sidney is getting much more helpful. It's really nice. She creates her own deserts when she feels the need for a sweet. Tonight is a sugarcone crushed and mixed with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows and then microwaved for a few seconds to a gooey s'mores Nacho mess.

Sidney has her orthodontist appointment tomorrow to get her braces. I will get a picture onto the blog as soon as I can.

Kirk and I both need peace in different ways. He needs the peace of patience with his situation and I need the peace of endurance. We are both so blessed to have Sidney's simple love. She loves me when I have a rough day, she loves Kirk with every ounce of her being no matter what he looks like or can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment