Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October 8

Kirk made it obvious that he isn't happy this morning. He is starting to talk but only when he wants and to who he wants. He told me plain as day he wanted out of the hospital. He told his friend he is embarrassed by being cared for. I am going to take joke books tomorrow and start torturing him. We have adjusted some of his meds to get him less antsy. The trach is still capped. I hope we can say goodbye to it tomorrow.

He sat in the chair a while today and had a good visit with a friend. I needed extra help today as Sidney had her eye surgery. She went in at 1:30 pm and was done by 2:30. It took her over an hour to wake up and is doing fine. She is still a little dizzy and isn't at all interested in opening her eyes. She should be in better shape tomorrow. She is eating though. Making up for a lost day of food.

We will be with friends the next couple of days so I can have extra help with Sidney. It's really great to have a place to go.

We have made it over some super high hurdles, the brain swelling, the high ICP, the drugs, the vent and soon the trach. The next set of hurdles are nearly as hard. Physical coordination and communication. And Kirk still needs peace and patience and good, strong support.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited I got to talk to Kirk. It brought tears to my eyes. Im glad to hear Sidney came through surgery fine. We love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made my day to talk to Kirk yesterday. We can we start sending cards, etc.?

    ReplyDelete