Friday, October 3, 2014

October 3

Today was uneventful. Kirk continue to wean off the ventilator. He also continues to be very restless. He is moving constantly which in one way is good as he builds strength but it is also exhausting. He still needs a lot if rest. When I talk to him he doesn't know why he is restless but he is. He can squeeze my hand with both of his and I am getting lots if kisses. I think he is still confused a lot though too. He is settling in to watching a bit if history channel.

The Physical Therapy person suspects some of his restlessness is from his medications. There are a few we may try to adjust or get rid of to try to ease his restlessness.

It still kills me to leave him. It just tears at my soul to have to walk away when he is awake. I think he understands but still.

This would normally be Friday night date night according to our after accident schedule. But I can't spend the night at the LTAC as long as he is in the ICU. So I am having Friday night nobody needs me night. Everyone is fed, cleaned, or being taken care of tonight by someone else. Let's see if I manage to actually sleep.

I have some extra help from Houston friends through Tuesday and I am taking advantage if that. Thank you again for your continuing support. We are blessed by you.


No comments:

Post a Comment