Saturday, October 25, 2014

October 25

Kirk was still more down than up today. He woke up about noon but wasn't in the mood to do anything. The staff is giving him a choice to do PT. He says no but then he talked all afternoon. And he will do everything you ask/tell him to do. Ok sometimes he does it with a frowl (that's is a frown crossed with a growl). But he does it anyway. I think there is a lot of frustration mixed with confusion. I really wish there was more I could do for him. Sidney spent a good hour with him today. She snuggled with him for a while and chatted a bit. A good snuggle has been a long time coming.

I made chili tonight for a fundraiser next week. It's tucked safely into the freezer but between that and dinner I left a mess in the kitchen. I used the extra ground beef with some leftover mushrooms from the freezer for stroganoff. I used some noodles from the pantry that were left over from something else. So I cleaned up a bit of left overs. Unfortunately I am so tired or side tracked that I dumped a quarter of dinner on the floor. The dog helped clean that up. The only people food she has gotten at our house.

Please continue to surround Kirk with prayers of strength, patience, and peace. He is in such a difficult place in this in between. I pray for a switch to turn but I don't think it is that easy. Both his body and his mind are betraying him. I need prayers too. Sometimes I feel so worn out and afraid of the future. I miss him so much it aches. And for Sidney the peace of knowing without a doubt she is loved and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment