Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October 1 One Month

I have could not have know where we would be today. I wasn't sure one month ago tiday that there would be we three, Kirk, Sodney and I. But we are three and working to being a strong three again. I look forward to that day with great anticipation.

Kirk sat on the edge of the bed for the first time today and he sat in a chair for three hours. This  works to strengthen his diaphragm and other muscles. It will help his lungs get and stay healthy. He has lost all of his muscle tone so we will have to take baby steps. But he is trying to move all of his limbs and is starting to move his thumbs and fingers. He is also lifting his eyebrows and trying to smile.

He did start CPAP trials today to start weaning off the vent. He did CPAP for three hours and didn't need any help. He should try again tonight. I think he will be off the vent in no time. Several things can happen when he off the vent. He will move to a regular room but it will also be easier for him to see Sidney and he can even go outside. I want to sit in the sunshine and fresh air with my beloved.

My posts might slow down as we seem to be starting our steady ascents. I will of course post any significant changes, good or bad. Thank you again for your continued support.

1 comment:

  1. Keep all those positive posts coming. Thats the power of prayers!

    ReplyDelete