Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6

Today was a fairly quite day for Kirk. A friend stayed with him all day so he had a lot of attention in a caring (sometimes calming and sometimes pushing) way. I got a hug with a pat on my back also. It felt so nice to have an arm around me.

Kirk is still restless and frustrated. He isn't trying to talk much yet. I think he still confused. It is difficult to pinpoint exactly where he is but there are glimpses of good old Kirk but there is a lot ornery Kirk right now. It us just difficult to figure out where he is but that should get better with time and attention.

Kirk is completely off of supplemental oxygen and as of late this afternoon his trach was capped. This means he is breathing around it all on his own. It will stay capped but in until the pulmonologist is happy that he can maintain his own airway. Hopefully this will be a day or two. He was almost immediately more comfortable with the trach capped.

I had lunch with my work team today. I haven't been with all of them since the accident. We had a lunch celebrating two of them being with Marathon for a year. I love my team and it was wonderful to share a meal with all of them today in celebration.

Oh, and Sidney got taken out by a door. She was"speed walking" through the hall to nit be late to math and someone came out the door and hit her. She has a couple of good bruises. She'll survive and probably not walk as close to the doors.


2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for the updates... Sounds like things are looking up and Kirk is progressing!!!! Certainly hope that Sidney isn't too bruised this morning.... OUCH!!

    All My Best, Kathryn Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad hear that Kirk is progressing everday. That is the power of prayer. Now, with Sidney, I hate to hear she got hurt by a door at school. Ouch! :( Let's leave speed walking to the sidewalks, not in the halls. LOL ! I'm glad to hear that you are trying to get back to some sort of normalcy back in your life. You need your friends and job to help you truck along, cause if not, you might just go crazy. Send my love to Sidney and let her know I will be thinking of her during her eye surgery. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete