Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October 28

I got to see Kirk do some work today.  He walked several times at PT before I had to leave for Houston. He is definately getting stonger. I did not think even a month ago that I would see him walk.  He has the motion and balance but needs to build endurance. He did a swallow study today also and can start on easy to swallow stuff like liquids and soft foods.  It will likely take him a bit to manage to use his mouth properly even though he can swallow.  I hope that eating is something else that can help him to feel more normal.

He was up early this morning and has spent a good part of the day at various therapies or sitting at the nurses station.  He thinks he might be a nurse but doesn't really remember. But the interaction of sitting with the nurses is good for him.

I made it safely to Houston. I also got Sidney to her post-op appointment for her eyes before I left. Everything looks good and she doesn't have to go back for three months. She also took Rocky's moulted exoskeleton to school and all the 5th grade classes wanted to look at it.  Rocky is our blue lobster who lives in our fish tank.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! That is exciting news. We are still praying for the family!

    ReplyDelete