Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October 14

Kirk had a pretty good day. He was awake every time I went to visit him and he had a few extra visitors today. I ran him through the animal paces. I tried to get the names of our pets out of him but got nowhere. So I tried various what does the xxx animal say. He did good on dog, cat, and cow. A fish goes meow and a duck goes tweet.

He did the tilt table and got to 50 degrees so he is over half way to standing on the tilt table. I am not sure I have described a tilt table before. It is a flat padded board basically that he is moved to from the bed. He is strapped to it and the angle if the whole table can be changed a few degrees at a time from completely horizontal to vertical. Success will be when he can tolerate 10 minutes at 80 degrees meaning he is just shy of completely vertical.

A co-worker of Kirk's came by to visit and Kirk responded really well to her. But some of the best moments of the day happened when our church Pastor from Katy, Dean, and his wife, Tricia, stopped by on their way to Kerville. Dean stayed with me and Kirk starting the night of the accident and for several days after. Tricia has stopped in for a couple of visits. Both have only seen Kirk at the lowest moments. So today was a real treat and I think because Kirk knows them well he turned up the charm. He gave me a kiss and then I wanted another before I left. Instead he gave me a hug and said he was only going to kiss him, meaning Dean. And then he gave a huge grin and was very satisfied with his joke. He will not remember their visit but it lifted his spirits all the same. And the moment of sassy lifted mine.

Sidney got her braces today. The whole thing took less than 30 minutes. The brackets are as big as her teeth but they are lovely little star shaped brackets. She has only four that are in front and one in each side in the back. She has four band colors, dark blue, light blue, purple and green. She is uncomfortable tonight. Sore teeth and sore cheeks and inside of mouth. I have a picture below of her getting them on.

I aging to visit a couple of rehab facilities tomorrow. I need to get on the ball because I really hope Kirk moves this week.

Have I yet mentioned I am double capital B blessed by Sidney. Without knowing it she is my rock. Her mouth hurts and her eyes are still a little sensitive and yet she both loves me and lights up my world. She is a blast of sunshine, love and purity that can zap you out of a rut in an instant. She is beautiful and kind and full of life. She has hugged me, rubbed my back and held my hand. What a blessed treasure.



1 comment:

  1. Cute picture of Sidney. And great picture of Kirk and his preacher.

    ReplyDelete