Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 19

Our morning started with a visit to Kirk. For a morning he was pretty awake. Then we were off to church before trying to rush back to Kirk while he was outside so Sidney could see him face to face. He had gotten dressed, with a lot of help of course, and been put in the chair and taken outside. It was the first time he had been outside since the accident.

Unfortunately we didn't make it in time to see him outside. It seems moving around makes him nauseated. So he had to come in but not before the staff helped him get a flower for Sidney and I. They did let Sidney come back to his room for a few minutes. Afterwards I fed him two bites of pudding which I am not sure he liked and several small ice cubes. He did well with those but isn't that interested in them. He even used a napkin to dab his chin.

Then we headed to a recital that Sidney was in. It was a Halloween recital so she could wear her costume. She was a falcon last year and I made her costume then. She wore it again this year but was an owl. I crammed finishing the mask into last night.

She did a beautiful job with her piece. As part of the recital there was a costume contest. Three places were given and when I saw who was third I thought there was no chance she would place. Third place went to a girl who had a Mine Craft Dragon costume. It was super creative. Then they announced second place which was a store bought costume. So we were floored when the "little owl" was announced as first place.

Our friends joined us for the recital so afterwards we stopped and got ice cream. Afterwards Sidney and I ran errands and ate dinner. After dinner we went out and cleaned the table and chair in the entry. They look great and Sidney really helped. Then the mom torture began. First the hula hoop. I am proud to say that after many tries I discovered I can still hula hoop. The jump rope came next. I can manage that in flip flops. Finally bubbles. I can blow a twin bubble.

Between all of this I am training Stormy. This involves patience on my part, hunger on her part and a lot of dog slobber. She is getting most of her calories from my hands (and she is so neat about it of course).

Kirk is still set to move tomorrow. I am nervous and excited. He will have to work hard and fast. I really hope he is up for it. I so want him back. He and Sidney together make my life complete. We have said so many times that we don't care where we are as long as we are together. That is what makes our home.

Here is a picture of Sidney in her costume. No owl is complete without a mouse in its mouth. Thank Shandy for letting us borrow a mouse.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sidney! You are the cutest owl I have ever seen. I am glad to hear Kirk got to go outside even if it was for a short time. The fresh air does the body good. Still praying. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That costume is beautiful! Continued prayer and support. You are all doing so well and soon you shall all be together under one roof!

    ReplyDelete