Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October 7

Sorry these posts get later in the day. I am trying to cram way to much into a day. Kirk was asleep most of the times I visited today so I didn't disturb him. He still has the trach but it is still capped. Hopefully a few more days and it will be gone. He also did a tilt table today which is a step to getting him standing. It is a chance to get his legs straight with some weight as well as to see how his pulse and blood pressure react to him starting to be upright. He is strapped flat to a table and then tilted up 10 degrees at a time. Slowly we will work to 90 degrees as he can tolerate.

I had a flu shot today. Sidney went to the orthodontist to get fitted for her braces. The braces are so much easier than when I had them. They do a mold of her mouth and fit the brackets and wire to the mold. Slide it in with light activated glue and all brackets with wire are on in minutes. That will happen next Tuesday. She did get a tooth pulled today. She was told if she didn't get it out b today it would be pulled. She has another that is loose and needs to come out. I think she will work harder for that one.

She has her eye surgery tomorrow. It's a really simple procedure but needs to get done. I think the worst part will be not being able to eat tomorrow morning. I have filled her up with brownies and ice cream. We are going to stop and see Kirk tomorrow before we go to her surgery. She had a great idea to face time him from the lobby since she can't come back to see him. Maybe she can get him talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment