Thursday, October 2, 2014

October 2

Kirk continued CPAP trials today and seemed to be handling it well. He sat up again today as well.  He is moving his arms and legs much more frequently and bringing his arms up to his head.  My goal is to get him washing his own face and brushing his own teeth.  I think he is just days from being able to do that.

I am a busy lady these days.  I drop Sidney off at school and head to work for a while before I go over to Kirk for the first set of visiting hours.  I head back to work for a while and go for the second set of visiting hours.  I then go back to work before heading to Sidney for the evening activities. We will try to sneak her in to see her dad twice per week.  That has to be at the 8-9 visiting hour.  I am blessed that the LTAC is only a few minutes from work.

We have had a sick fish for almost 2 months and he finally succumbed this afternoon so I got to rescue his body from the lobster.  Have I ever said we live in a zoo?  Dog, cat, bird, lobster and fish plus the outside birds I try to keep happy.

Kirk needs prayers of strength, endurance and patience.  I think he is frustrated and discouraged and needs to be held up during this time that is both physically and emotionally demanding.  He wants to do and control far more than he can right now. So please pray for God's peace to be upon him, to hold him while he is getting much needed sleep and doing the work required to move again.

We are already talking about the next step which is intensive rehab.  He must be off the ventilator and able to do several hours of hard work in order to move on.  We get closer every day but he certainly doesn't have the endurance yet.

I am not going to be putting up a daily blog post right now.  We have passed the critical time and I will try to get one up every few days.  We are at the tortoise but stable part of the journey. I hope we will eventually graduate to weekly or even back to as great things happen in our life.

Thanks for hanging in with us.  We aren't at the end of the journey and continue to need support. Especially good encouraging support for Kirk.


No comments:

Post a Comment