Saturday, October 18, 2014

October 18

I am sorry I didn't put up a blog post yesterday. It was a super long day and I was really tired. Kirk didn't have a great day. He did get up and dressed but he just wasn't himself (his new self that is). He was very tired and seemed like he just didn't feel well. He threw up in the middle of the day during physical therapy and was just asleep after that.

My morning started at 4 am when Sidney came in my room with a bad dream. She hung out there until I got up. Right after I got out of the shower Stormy started throwing up. She got the carpet in two rooms, tile in two rooms and a wall.  After getting all that cleaned up it was off to work and through a busy day.

A friend joined us for dinner and then we were off to Wizard of Oz at the theater. Kirk and Sidney won tickets some time ago in a costume contest at the movie. I had nearly forgotten about the tickets because there were only two tickets and I always expected they would go together. I really do feel guilty whenever we are doing something that keeps our life moving, like the play or a dinner out. I think it is all part of trying to figure out where I should be.

The play was super cute. They had a little dog playing Toto. He got to eat a hot dog part way through and he had some funny moments. The Good Witch was holding him once and he was sliding down her satin dress. It was really fun but we didn't get home until after 11 pm.

We went to see Kirk several times today but he was sleepy every time. I hope this is just storing up energy until he starts working hard on Monday. Sidney and I got the usual weekend chores done today around visiting Kirk including the fish tank.

We had a visit from a dog trainer in the afternoon to get some help making sure Stormy is ready for whatever the next step is. Stormy is a really sweet dog with a few bad habits, jumping mostly, and some leash difficulties. But we want her ready to meet strangers and deal with Kirk when the time comes. Plus we want to fully enjoy our life with her.

We met a friend from Catlettsburg Kentucky for dinner. He is in town for a meeting and I haven't seen him since we left Ohio to move to Norway. It was really nice to meet him for dinner at a Japanese steak house. It was a treat for everyone especially Sidney and I. And we have enough left overs for three meals. No one at the table liked shrimp so we got everyone.

LifeCare called while we were on our way to dinner to tell me that Kirk moved to room 304. Notice there is no "ICU" in front of those numbers. I hope I never have to go to an ICU again except to say thank you to the fabulous staff at University Hospital.  It is a private room and I think Kirk might be a night owl right now. He was awake and talking tonight but has been asleep all day. We are on for our move to Reeves, the rehab facility, on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment