Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27

Kirk has had two good days from a physical perspective. He has been up more and is helping a lot with transfers, doing nearly all the work himself. He did all of his own care this morning with little help other than guidance. He can do most things you ask. He has also been on many laps around the unit in the wheel chair. And today he made his first lap around "the block" on foot. He used a walker and made a full lap around the unit.  This is the first time he has walked since the accident. We kept him up out of bed all day.

But the last two days have been hard for me. Yesterday in particular was really tough. I don't think he knew who I was or was upset by something and he was just not nice to me. I honestly left broken hearted. He was slightly better today, finally telling me my name and giving me a hug and kiss. These days are really hard. I am so happy to see him able to do more things but saddened by the struggle to think.

I will be in Houston tomorrow night. My first night away since the accident. Kirk's mom and aunt will be staying with Sidney. I will be back Wednesday night. First I have to take Sidney for another post op appointment for her eyes tomorrow.

When I get home I have to carve to pumpkins and finish getting ready for Halloween and the United Way fundraiser. I think I will be more exhausted than normal come Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment