Wednesday, October 22, 2014

October 22

Kirk had a busy day in a good way. He looked much better when I got to see him this morning and afternoon. I think the antibiotic helped a lot. He had two sessions of speech therapy along with physical and occupational therapy. So he was exhausted tonight. His doctor stopped by to see him after 6 pm and even though he was exhausted he did everything she asked for his neurological exam. This is the best he has ever done. so a good day.

I came home last night to a lobster and a lobster exoskeleton. Rocky decided his shell needed to be replaced so I fished an entire lobster skeleton (minus one claw which I will get to) out of the tank. Now Rocky is cranky and hungry. So to the claw. It was still in the tank and tonight he decided that was his snack. He looks a bit odd with two claws and one in his mouth. I have since heard they back out of their tail when they shed. I still have the skeleton so I am going to need to look. For those who think we are weird, we are. Sidney loves oysters and calamari and we are both fascinated by anatomy.

Sidney and I had a quick dinner because we had pictures at church. It was for the directory but we also ordered some pictures. Kirk and Sidney have some pictures from several years ago when I was traveling. I tried to match them but if she and I.

Kirk moved to room 663 which is just two rooms past where he was and closer to the nurses station. I also would like to offer a suggestion for visitors. Please try to avoid asking him questions. He gets about a thousand questions per day. I would suggest to introduce yourself and tell Kirk how you know him. Then just talk to him and listen to him. Mostly his words don't fit context but you might get a jem. Sometimes he actually makes a joke. And give him time to just be with you. And thank you for continuing to support him during this confusing time for him.  Please also sgn the blue guest book so we can look back later and read your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment